Despite the fact that July didn’t see a lot of actual event execution, it was a great month with weekly spa visits (I lead such a difficult life, don’t I? LOL) and lots going on with my classes at LaSalle College.
The SPA experiences:
As I mentioned, it so happened this month that once a week there was a spa experience for me (some client-related, and others just for my own sanity!).
I got the feeling that maybe the universe is also trying to send me a message – I received two invites to spas, and decided to (finally) use some gift certificates I had already:
- Started with some much much needed “ME TIME” at AmeriSpa in L’Hotel Le Crystal. (such a great place)
- Got an invite from WPIC Ottawa Chapter for an education session being held at Spa Nordic, in Old Chelsea, Quebec (it’s worth the 2-hour drive from Montreal)
- Used another one of my gift certificates at Spa LifeForia – this one is at the Dorval Sheraton Hotel Airport (just fabulous)
- Lastly, believe it or not one of my clients wanted to switch it up and have a planning session for an upcoming conference at Bota Bota in Old Montreal (yeah baby – I like their thinking)
The Educational experience:
As I mentioned before, this month was one of education. Let me explain: Due to the summer holidays the summer session at LaSalle College makes the term is shorter. However, “we” still have to complete the allotted said time. So I decided to do this on two Saturdays;
- The first Saturday we did our class in the morning and then in the afternoon we formed teams for a treasure hunt in and around Old Montreal. (coordinated by Guide-a-Tour) The students had a BLAST.
- The second Saturday we had class and then we started a walking tour. This is the second time that I do it and the students really seem to appreciate it. Basically, we walk to Sherbrooke Street and “spontaneously” walked in all the hotels along the way:
* Le Meridian Versailles
* Omni Hotel
* The Ritz Carlton Montreal
* Le Sofitel
* Centre Mont Royal
* Delta Montreal
* The Hyatt Regency
As a scheduling “phenom” I also had the honor of hosting multiple speakers this month for the benefit of my students … basically exposed them to different aspects of our industry, which we don’t always have time to explore in class. Special SHOUT OUT & BIG THANK YOU to you all:
I organized a bicycle food truck tour with clients via TourdelaTable .
You know, every time I do this I get to know another part of my beautiful Montreal #mtlmoments – this time it was the other parts of the Lachine Canal. We did it on bikes and the perspective is quite different. We ate, we learnt, we exercised … we had a blast, thank you Mellissa! You ROCK!!
And last but not least an important mention to the organizers at Cavalia.
WOW thank you so so much for the VIP treatment you gave us … your team ROCKS it!!
It was a TRULY BREATHTAKING SPECTAULAR show … my clients are going.
While there may not have been a lot of execution of events, it was a month of planning sessions and brainstorming (with a little R&R too – finally). Next up: